On the hunt for the best skin tag remover out there? Why don’t you take a break for a while and entertain yourself with these interesting facts about skin tags!
1. Did you know that almost everyone will develop a skin tag at some point in their lives? So if you do have it, know you’re not alone.
2. A person may develop one to 100 skin tags.
3. Removing a skin tag will not cause more to grow. Isn’t that good to know?
4. Want to know what’s the most common bump on adult skin? Yes, you guessed it right! It’s skin tags.
5. Skin tags are not likely to grow back after removal. Phew... What a relief!
6. Skin tags are actually tumors that aren’t cancerous. Bet you never thought of it that way.
7. Skin tags are scientifically called acrochordon, cutaneous papilloma, cutaneous tag, fibroepithelial polyp, fibroma molluscum, fibroma pendulum, soft fibroma, and Templeton skin tags. Now that’s a mouthful!
8. Have you ever wondered what skin tags are made of? They basically consist of a core of fibers, ducts, nerve cells, fat cells, and a layer of epidermis.
9. Skin tag development has been linked to diseases like type 2 diabetes and obesity.
10. Usually, the diameter of a skin tag ranges from 2mm to 1 cm, but some may grow up to 5 cm! Now that’s one big bump of flesh.